[Insight-users] programs creating GUI

john smith mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com
Tue May 3 03:48:24 EDT 2011

Hello,

I want to create a GUI, which will contain a menu bar, in order to load an
image, see the image slices of the 3 axies and the 3D volume.In the menu bar
I want to create buttons, with which I will apply different kind of itk
filters in my loaded image. Moreover, I would like to have interaction with
my image and locate my own seed points using my mouse on the image. As I
have read, I found two different programs to create my GUI. The first, is
itk-snap which uses Qt and FLTK and the second is MITK which uses Qt and
VTK. It's the first time that I am using a program to create my own GUI. I
would like to know, which are the main differences between the itk-snap and
MITK? Secondly, which one between these two programs you will recomend for a
beginner in GUI developing?

Thanks in advance