[Insight-users] exclude pixel values (background) from metrics

Dawood Masslawi masslawi at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:05:33 EDT 2011

Hi Karsten,
You can set the region which the metric is to be computed over by SetFixedImageRegion
method. Another approach is using the SetFixedImageSamplesIntensityThreshold method
which sets the minimum intensity needed for a sample to be included in the metric
computation.
Hope this helps,
Dawood

Hi,

I have the same problem with all the 'nan' values now. All threshold values greater than zero cause "nan"-values in my registration process, when I want to use the method SetFixedImageSamplesIntensityThreshold of the MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric. The datatype of the volumes to be registered is short.

I'm using the review code with optimized registration methods of ITK v3.20, but the same problem appears with the code from the latest itk git repository.

Thanks,
Karsten

Karsten Molka
Department of Neurology
Max-Planck-Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Stephanstrasse 1A
04103 Leipzig
Germany
Email: molka at cbs.mpg.de