[Insight-users] FW: MINC2 on ITK 4.0

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu May 12 12:59:08 EDT 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011 10:54:18 -0400, Leila Baghdadi said:

>Nope, never used it! I can give it a try when I have a chance! although
>there is no need for us.
>
>At our lab we mostly 95% use minc2 files, I have switched the MR and
>Micro-CT recon software long ago to solely produce minc2 format and our
>OPT recon will also produce minc2 as I am developing it right now,
>
>I wrote the itkminc2 code sometime ago when I was writing alot of code
>in itk mostly to save myself from constantly converting images, it is
>now being used in our lab and I think a few other places exclusively, I
>have even changed programs like snap to read minc2 files, but since we
>do not use minc1 format, no need to change any code.
>
>if minc4itk can read minc1 and that is needed, then I agree with you.

The nice thing about it is that it is under the purview of the MINC
developers themselves.  Which, in theory, means that the ITK community
merely needs to sync up with them once in a while.  I'll write a note to
the MINC-dev list to let them know that the ITK Review folder is being
cleaned up... see what they think...

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com