[Insight-users] Fwd: Using ITK libraries without CMAKE

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:40:00 EDT 2011

I'm sorry, forgot to reply to list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Juan Cardelino <juan.cardelino at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Using ITK libraries without CMAKE
To: Dan Mueller <dan.muel at gmail.com>

I couldn't agree more. I must confess that I didn't like the idea of
being forced to use a certain build system, but the experience with
ITK changed my mind. I've been using ITK for the last 5 years without
cmake, and I can tell, it is a pain in the ass. Every new version of
ITK/ubuntu or whatever was a nightmare to recompile it again and find
out the order of the libraries to properly link.
I converted most of my projects to cmake now and I really don't need
to look back again.