[Insight-users] Using ITK libraries without CMAKE

Dawood Masslawi masslawi at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:37:09 EDT 2011

Hi Sameer,
In ITK there are dependencies and interdependencies between classes and libraries
which go deep into the ITK's hierarchy and this virtually makes it a nightmare to try to
use a single library without others and that is source of the errors you've been getting.
As Dan and Juan suggested the best way to prevent severe headaches in ITK code
development ":)" is to use Cmake.
Regards,
Dawood

Hi,

I tried downloading ITK and building all the libraries and it failed giving
various errors. I started googling the errors but eventually gave up as
there were too many. Since I really only need one class (maybe two), I was
wondering if I could copy and past the source files for that into the folder
I'm using and then build it with MS Visual Studio?

The class I'm talking about it is:

itkLineIterator

Besides adding #include <itkLineIterator.h> to the top of my code's file,
what else would I have to do? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Sameer Zaheer
 University of Toronto