[Insight-users] Problem generating a 3D volume from a set of slices

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:52:49 EDT 2011

OK here is an example inspired by your questions.
http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/VolumeFromSlices

I built it, downloaded your data and ran it like this:
 ../bin/VolumeFromSlices.exe "/c/lorensen/Data/Dora/Dora00%02dd.png" 1 5
out.mhd
File: c:/lorensen/Data/Dora/Dora0001d.png
File: c:/lorensen/Data/Dora/Dora0002d.png
File: c:/lorensen/Data/Dora/Dora0003d.png
File: c:/lorensen/Data/Dora/Dora0004d.png
File: c:/lorensen/Data/Dora/Dora0005d.png

And it generated a .mhd containing this:
ObjectType = Image
NDims = 3
BinaryData = True
BinaryDataByteOrderMSB = False
CompressedData = False
TransformMatrix = 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Offset = 0 0 0
CenterOfRotation = 0 0 0
AnatomicalOrientation = RAI
ElementSpacing = 1 1 1
DimSize = 500 348 5
ElementType = MET_UCHAR
ElementDataFile = out.raw

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> And you pattern is wrong. It should be;
> Dora00%02dd.png
>
> The first "%02d" is part of the printf format, the second "d" is part of
> your filenames/
>

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I do not see the files listed in your screen dump. Are they in the same
>> directory as the .exe file?
>>

>> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Dora Szasz <dora.szasz at yahoo.com>wrote:
>>

>>> Nothing changed. There is exactly the same exception description, without
>>> any details.

>>> Dora0001d.png
>>> Dora0002d.png
>>> Dora0003d.png
>>>

>>> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com
>>>
>>> What are the names of the file? From your code they should be something
>>> like:
>>> Dora00001d.png
>>> Dora00002d.png