[Insight-users] reply to adaptive threshold filter

robert tamburo robert.tamburo at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:42:58 EDT 2011

I have not encountered this error. I have used this filter on a 2D, unsigned
char image with the following chunk of code:
  AdaptiveThresholdFilterType::Pointer adaptiveThresholder=
AdaptiveThresholdFilterType::New();
  adaptiveThresholder->SetInput(image);
  adaptiveThresholder->SetInsideValue(255); // foreground of output image
  adaptiveThresholder->SetOutsideValue(0); // background of output image
  adaptiveThresholder->SetNumberOfHistogramBins(256);
  adaptiveThresholder->SetNumberOfControlPoints(10); // b-spline control
points
  adaptiveThresholder->SetNumberOfLevels(3); // number of b-spline levels
for reconstruction (3-5)
  adaptiveThresholder->SetNumberOfSamples(12); // number of points to
randomly sample
  CharImageType::SizeType radius;
  radius[0] = 20;
  radius[1] = 20;
  adaptiveThresholder->SetRadius(radius); // radius of sampling region
  adaptiveThresholder->Update();

It would be helpful if you could make available (minimal) code and an image
that exhibits your problem (code and pictures are close to universal!).
Also, keep the discussion on the list.