[Insight-users] label overlap measure test images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 21 13:36:58 EDT 2011

Hi LaMoOsH,

2011/5/19 LaMoOsH .. <xlolla28x at hotmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply,, I used it and was able to view the image.
>
> I am stuggling actually with the whole idea of using the label overlap
> measure, there are no good explanation about this class !

It computes the number of pixels that are common between two labels
and divides by the number of pixels in the union of the two labels.

> does it only take .nii images ?? it is not working with my .png images.. not
> sure i might have problem with my image..

The fileformat of your image should only matter to the ITK readers.

Once you have read an image into ITK, it is just an itk::Image as
a data structure in memory, and it becomes irrelevant whether it
was read from DICOM, tiff, png, or nii...

What you need to check is the pixel type of your images,
and the values of intensity range in them.

> I am also using ITK Snap .. and trying to convert my png images to nii ..
> can this be done? how? cant find good results in google.

The example

   Insight/Examples/IO/ImageReadWrite.cxx

is the simplest way of converting images from one
file format into another one.

Just need to ensure that you modify the code to match
the pixel type and dimension of your images.

> i tried to download Sante editor to convert my png image to dicom so i can
> use it in ITK Snap .. was not able to view the image properly as the image
> loaded is greater than 16 bit used by ITK Snap ..

Are your images 3D or 2D ?