[Insight-users] itkVectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter does not pass concept checking

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:50:58 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:44 AM, sebastian ordas
<sebastian.ordas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I could not make itkVectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter compile with
> regular (templated) image inputs such as e.g.
>
> typedef itk::Image<TPixel, VImageDimension> InputImageType;
>
> typedef itk::VectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter
> <InputImageType, InputImageType> RegionGrowingFilterType;
>
> compilation error says that the following concept check could not pass:
>
> itkConceptMacro(InputHasNumericTraitsCheck,
>    (Concept::HasNumericTraits<typename InputImagePixelType::ValueType>));
>
> Is this class aimed at working on vector images as its names implies?
>
> many thanks,
> sebastian
>
> PS: using ITK3.2

In this file:

Modules/Segmentation/RegionGrowing/test/itkVectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilterTest.cxx

you will find this code:

  const unsigned int Dimension = 2;

  typedef unsigned char PixelComponentType;
  typedef itk::RGBPixel<PixelComponentType> PixelType;

  typedef unsigned char OutputPixelType;

  typedef itk::Image<PixelType,       Dimension> ImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<OutputPixelType, Dimension> OutputImageType;

  // Create a filter
  typedef itk::VectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter<
                                              ImageType,
                                              OutputImageType
                                                > FilterType;

What was TPixel in your code?

The documentation
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.html#details
doesn't note anything about valid image types. We also don't have an
example of this class on the wiki:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples . Please add either or both as
you continue to figure this out :)

David