[Insight-users] Medial curve extraction (itk::MedialCurveImageFilter)

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Wed May 25 04:07:39 EDT 2011

Hi
The combination that worked for me is to use a Smoothed version of the
distance map (dist map + gaussian filter) however, check the following
things: distance map is correctly applied (ie: values are bigger at the
center of your mask).

Also check for any other wring input image. Input to the
AverageOutwardFluxFilter should be the smoothed distance map. Input for the
MedialSurfaceImageFilter should be the smoothed dmap + the output of the
AverageOutwardFluxFilter...

If this fails, maybe having a look at the code might help.

Regards.

--
Sergio Vera

 Alma IT Systems