[Insight-users] Sign missing in SSD derivative in Insight into images

Brecht Heyde Brecht.Heyde at med.kuleuven.be
Wed May 25 09:34:51 EDT 2011

Hi Luis, hi Lydia,

In your contribution in "Insight Into Images", I think there is a negative sign missing in formula 10.103, p 280 in "Insight into Images", showing the SSD derivative to the transform parameters.
I think it should be -2/N sum( [F-M]*dM/dp).
I'm not sure if this has been reported already. I have the 2004 book version.

The code itself is doing it correctly: line 202 and 224 of itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric.txx: 2/N sum ([M-F]*dM/dp ). Notice that F and M have switched positions.

Best regards,
Brecht Heyde