[Insight-users] SOP instance ID conflict

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Thu May 26 15:49:31 EDT 2011

Hi Nick,

  While your UID might look random, if the PACS already has an image with
that same ID, your C-STORE will be rejected.  Can you re-run your processing
and verify that a new UID is generated?  dcmdump is very helpful here.

  I assume you used GDCM.  This has a unique prefix and so should not
generate collisions.

  Could you post an image or upload one somewhere?  Sometimes PACS errors
are not specific enough to understand why an image was rejected.

Best,
-dan

On 5/26/11 6:37 AM, "Nicholas Tustison" <ntustison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an issue where I'm trying to push some processed images back
> to PACS at my institution using storescu.  I get no error message using
> storescu but I can't find them in the database and they appear lost.
> The IT people tell me that there is a conflict with the SOP instance ID
> that is generated for each slice and that images exist already with
> those same IDs.  However, I can look at the header and clearly see that
> it is a randomly generated number.
>
> I was hoping to provide my IT people with additional information as I don't
> think they have much experience with people at the institution wanting to
> do this type of thing.  I was thinking that perhaps the conflict message might
> be indicative of an incorrect prefix but that's just a wild guess.  Has
> anybody
> else encountered a similar problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RFC 1925