[Insight-users] size of image

john smith mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com
Sat May 28 10:30:21 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am using ITK for my project and I have wrote the following code.Could
somebody tell me how can I get the size of my image?

Thanks in advance

 typedef unsigned char        InputPixelType;
  typedef unsigned char        OutputPixelType;

  typedef itk::Image< InputPixelType,  3 >    InputImageType;
  typedef itk::Image< OutputPixelType, 2 >    OutputImageType;

   typedef itk::ImageFileReader< InputImageType  >  ReaderType;
  typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< OutputImageType >  WriterType;

  WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();

  reader->SetFileName( fileName.toStdString()  );
  writer->SetFileName( "2D.png" );

  typedef itk::ExtractImageFilter< InputImageType, OutputImageType >
FilterType;
  FilterType::Pointer filter = FilterType::New();

    reader->Update();
  InputImageType::RegionType inputRegion =
           reader->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion();

  InputImageType::SizeType size = inputRegion.GetSize();
  size[2] = 0;

  InputImageType::IndexType start = inputRegion.GetIndex();
  const unsigned int sliceNumber = 89;
   start[2] = sliceNumber;

  InputImageType::RegionType desiredRegion;
  desiredRegion.SetSize( size );
  desiredRegion.SetIndex( start );

  filter->SetExtractionRegion( desiredRegion );

  filter->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );
  writer->SetInput( filter->GetOutput() );

      try
    {
    writer->Update();
    }
    catch( itk::ExceptionObject & err )
    {
    std::cerr << "ExceptionObject caught !" << std::endl;
    std::cerr << err << std::endl;
    }