[Insight-users] Cut a 3D image into two halves

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 05:54:19 EDT 2011

ITK resample filter is not meant for this.

What you could do is to write a custom filter, with 1 input image, 2 output
images and a few parameters for your plane equation. Inside the filter you
check for each voxel of the input image whether it is on the left or right
side of the plane, and correspondingly let that output image keep the value
while setting the value in the other image to 0.

I don't know whether this is what you need but it splits the image. I don't
know whether there is some better way to do this.

HTH