[Insight-users] SimpleITK Installation

Nick Rubert ncrubert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:36:50 EDT 2011

Hi listserve,

I am running Ubuntu 11.10, and I am trying to install SimpleITK for use in
python 2.7.  I've downloaded the source off of github.

I run ccmake in the SuperBuild directory and turn off all wrapping except
for python.
If I run make then all is compiled without errors.
However, when I try to run make install I get an error.  I am told there is
no rule for install.
Also, if I try to import SimpleITK into Python I get a module not found
error.

Are there any special steps for installing SimpleITK?

NIck Rubert