[Insight-users] SimpleITK Installation

Nick Rubert ncrubert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:13:57 EDT 2011

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice.   However, when I run setup.py with:
python SimpleITK-build/Wrapping/PythonPackage/setup.py install

 while in the build directory I get a shared library _SimpleITK.so written
to my dist_packages folder, and I am able to import _SimpleITK when I
launch ipython.
However, I am still not able to import SimpleITK.  I get a module not found
error if I try import SimpleITK.

If I then run easy_install SimpleITK while in the build directory it
believes SimpleITK is installed,and it gives me the following message:
Searching for SimpleITK
Best match: SimpleITK 0.3.0
Processing SimpleITK-0.3.0-py2.7.egg
SimpleITK 0.3.0 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Using /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SimpleITK-0.3.0-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for SimpleITK
Finished processing dependencies for SimpleITK

Did I miss a step in the installation?  Should there be a SimpleITK.so in
my dist_packages in addition to _SimpleITK.so?

Nick