[Insight-users] label map and label image manipulation

cagatay bilgin bilgincc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:30:16 EST 2011

Hello ITK users,

I have done some segmentation and labeled
my objects using BinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter
and cleaned the results with ShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter.
Everything works like a charm to this point. I can iterate
over the LabelObjects without a problem.

Now what I'd like to proceed with is to split some of these
LabelObjects into two. Say I got the ith LabelObject, I'd like
to iterate over the corresponding indexes for that object and
change the label of some of those indexes belonging to that object.
That is:

i) separate a label object into two,
ii) remove the label belonging to the original object
from the LabelImage
iii) and add the newly created two objects to the LabelImage with
unique labels across the image.

Any insights on how to manipulate would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
Cagatay