[Insight-users] 3D image sub-volume and transform matrix

Jeremy Lecoeur jeremy.lecoeur at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Nov 10 15:28:17 EST 2011

Hello,

I have two 3D images, one is a sub-volume of the other but is not in the
same orientation.
For the big image, I know its size and also the coordinates in mm of its
first voxel with respect to a frame of reference.
For the small image, I know its size, the coordinates in mm of its first
voxel with respect to the same frame of reference and also the 3 euler
angles (phi, theta, psi) that defines its orientation.
With that, how can I compute the transformation matrix that will allow
me to see the small image in the big image, at the right place? I know
it's supposed to be fairly simple but I cannot figure it out.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Lecoeur, Ph.D.