[Insight-users] ITKv4 Release Candidate 2 (v4.0rc02) tagged.

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:07:11 EST 2011

Dear Matt,

This is Just to confirm that I correctly understand your explanations.

On the webpage "http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git" you have the link
"Download ITK - Users start here" that leads to the webpage
"http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Download".

Following the instructions, I can clone the repository using the command
below.

$ git clone git://itk.org/ITK.git

As you explained in the instruction: After cloning your local repository
will be configured
to follow the upstream master branch by default.

Does this mean that it always follows the "Rolling distribution" model?

Lets say after your announcement "ITKv4 Release Candidate 2 (v4.0rc02)",
I updated my clone with the latest changes simply using "git pull".
So after re-running cmake, creating a new Makefile and doing "make install",
I should get ITKv4 Release Candidate 2 (v4.0rc02) installed on my machine
and ready for testing, right?

Is there any way I can verify that my updated clone is what I hope it is?

Thanks,
Alex