[Insight-users] 3D image sub-volume and transform matrix

Jeremy Lecoeur jeremy.lecoeur at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Nov 15 11:17:13 EST 2011

  So, if I got this right, my translation should be the difference (in
mm) between the 1st voxel of each image and my rotation should be based
on the three Euler angles.
When I do that, the orientation looks good but not the the translation.
Is there a trick related to the fact that the two images have different
resolutions.
Small volume is 0.0683 x 0.0683 x 0.5 mm and big volume is 0.5 x 0.5 x
0.5 mm.

Jeremy

On 11/11/2011 02:39, Dženan Zukić wrote:
> Maybe this example will help:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/VolumeRendering/itkVtkImageConvert
>

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 21:28, Jeremy Lecoeur
> <jeremy.lecoeur at vanderbilt.edu <mailto:jeremy.lecoeur at vanderbilt.edu>>
> wrote:
>

>     Hello,
>
>     I have two 3D images, one is a sub-volume of the other but is not
>     in the
>     same orientation.
>     For the big image, I know its size and also the coordinates in mm
>     of its
>     first voxel with respect to a frame of reference.
>     For the small image, I know its size, the coordinates in mm of its
>     first
>     voxel with respect to the same frame of reference and also the 3 euler
>     angles (phi, theta, psi) that defines its orientation.
>     With that, how can I compute the transformation matrix that will allow
>     me to see the small image in the big image, at the right place? I know
>     it's supposed to be fairly simple but I cannot figure it out.
>
>     Jeremy
>
>     --
>     Jeremy Lecoeur, Ph.D.

>     Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:
>     http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html
>
>     Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:
>     http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Jeremy Lecoeur, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Vanderbilt University