[Insight-users] SimpleITK testing in Python

David Welch david.m.welch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:41:15 EST 2011

Hello all,

I've installed SimpleITK with Python wrapping and testing ON, but now that I've finished my build, I cannot see how to test it.  After building with CMake, I did the following:

$ cd Wrapping/
$ python PythonPackage/setup.py install
$ python
>>> import SimpleITK as sitk
>>> sitk.test("1")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'test'

Looking at the SimpleITK Jira site, there is a Python virtualenv to test the python install ( https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/SIMPLEITK-163 ) but it doesn't seem to address testing SimpleITK itself.

In the build folder, there is a Testing/Unit/PythonTests folder with many test files, but running them from the command line gives an error "Usage: FooBar tag <input(s)> output".  I can't find any documentation to help me, either.

Cheers,
Dave

----
David Welch