No subject

Tue Nov 1 15:57:14 EDT 2011

using the ITKv3 framework, either use the adaptor class from the ITKv4
framework.
Both cases are illustrated in the examples I mentioned previously...

Best,
Arnaud

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Ryma <rima.sb4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can i choose any geometric shape to evolve through the initial object when
> using Level Set?
>  Ryma,
>

> Ryma wrote:
> >
> > Hi Arnaud,
> > When i compiled ITK, i disabled  BUILD_EXAMPLES and BUILD_TESTING because
> > i found this in all installation guides and tutorials.
> > is this right in this case?
> > Ryma,
> >

> > Arnaud Gelas-2 wrote:
> >>
> >> Ryma,
> >>
> >> The level sets framework may help you in this task.
> >>
> >> However, the choice of the "terms" to be used and / or "functional" to
> >> be minimized depends on your image.
> >> It is really difficult to tell you which method would work for your
> >> image with this little information and without the images.
> >>
> >> First, I would recommend you having a look at the examples based on
> >> ITKv3:
> >>
> >>      Examples/Segmentation/GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter.cxx
> >>      Examples/Segmentation/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx
> >>      Examples/Segmentation/LaplacianSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx
> >>
> >> and
> >>

> Modules/Segmentation/LevelSetsv4Visualization/test/vtkVisualize2DCellsLevelSetTest.cxx
> >>
> >> You can run these tests and examples from your build directory if you
> >> have enabled BUILD_EXAMPLES and BUILD_TESTING by running
> >>
> >>      ctest -R ${TheNameOfTheExample|Test}
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Arnaud

> >> _____________________________________
> >> Powered by www.kitware.com

> >> Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:
> >> http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html
> >>
> >> Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:
> >> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

> --

Arnaud Gelas, Ph. D.
Avenue Beauregard 30
CH-1700 Fribourg
Switzerland
cellphone: (+41) 76-635-08-66
phone: (+41) 26-535-44-36
arnaudgelas at gmail.com

--f46d044794dfe699d404b91118d7

Ryma,<br><br>From your initial shape you can either generate a signed dista=
nce image using the ITKv3 framework, either use the adaptor class from the =
ITKv4 framework.<br>Both cases are illustrated in the examples I mentioned =
previously...<br>

at 10:36 AM, Ryma <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rima.sb4 at gmail.co=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x">

Hi all,<br>
Can i choose any geometric shape to evolve through the initial object when<=
br>
using Level Set?<br>
=A0Ryma,<br>
Ryma wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi Arnaud,<br>
&gt; When i compiled ITK, i disabled =A0BUILD_EXAMPLES and BUILD_TESTING be=
cause<br>
&gt; i found this in all installation guides and tutorials.<br>
&gt; is this right in this case?<br>
&gt; Ryma,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Arnaud Gelas-2 wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Ryma,<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; The level sets framework may help you in this task.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; However, the choice of the &quot;terms&quot; to be used and / or &=
quot;functional&quot; to<br>
&gt;&gt; be minimized depends on your image.<br>
&gt;&gt; It is really difficult to tell you which method would work for you=
r<br>
&gt;&gt; image with this little information and without the images.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; First, I would recommend you having a look at the examples based o=
n<br>
&gt;&gt; ITKv3:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0Examples/Segmentation/GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter.=
cxx<br>
&gt;&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0Examples/Segmentation/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImag=
eFilter.cxx<br>
&gt;&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0Examples/Segmentation/LaplacianSegmentationLevelSetImag=
eFilter.cxx<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; and<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Modules/Segmentation/LevelSetsv4Visualization/test/vtkVisualize2DC=
ellsLevelSetTest.cxx<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; You can run these tests and examples from your build directory if =
you<br>
&gt;&gt; have enabled BUILD_EXAMPLES and BUILD_TESTING by running<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0ctest -R ${TheNameOfTheExample|Test}<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Best,<br>
&gt;&gt; Arnaud<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; On 02/14/2012 11:57 AM, Ryma wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi Arnaud,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Thanks for reply, what i&#39;m trying to do exactly is extract=
ing a part<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; from a<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; 3D image and want to see the surface evolving.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Ryma<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Arnaud Gelas-2 wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi Ryma,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Can you provide more details, please?<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Are you trying to segment meshes based on their geometry, =
additional<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; data?<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; or<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Are you trying to extract some shape of interest in a 3D i=
mage and you<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; would like to see the surface evolves through the iteratio=
n?<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Arnaud<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; On 02/14/2012 11:48 AM, Ryma wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi itkUsers,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I&#39;m beginner to ITK, i&#39;m working on 3D meshes =
segmentation. What i&#39;m<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; trying<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; to do is using the method of Level Sets for segmentati=
on. My meshes<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; are<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; .OBJ<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; files, it&#39;s possible to use the classes of ITK to =
see a surface<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; evolving?<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Ryma<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; _____________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Powered by <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com" target=3D"_b=
lank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.ht=
ml" target=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a>=
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information =
visit:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.htm=
l" target=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html</a><b=
r>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:<br=

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/mailman/listinfo/insight-use=
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; _____________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt; Powered by <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com" target=3D"_blank">ww=
w.kitware.com</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:<b=
r>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ" target=3D"_blank">http=
://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/mailman/listinfo/insight-users" targ=
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
--<br>
Segmentation-of-3D-object-with-Level-sets-tp33323288p33329582.html" target=
=3D"_blank">http://old.nabble.com/Segmentation-of-3D-object-with-Level-sets=
-tp33323288p33329582.html</a><br>

ist archive at Nabble.com.<br>