[Insight-users] Questions about ITK4

Arnaud Gelas Arnaud_Gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Sun Oct 2 15:21:28 EDT 2011

Hi Hui,

The principle of Chan and Vese formulation is to assume there are two
parts in your image: background and foreground and each of them are
represented by a constant mean value.
In the implementation, we did follow the same principle, e.g. the mean
is a scalar if you are working with scalar images, a vector if you are
working with vector images, etc.

So, now you want to create a new term / formulation (there might be a
specific name for that, but I am not aware of it).
Once you provide the mean image, you need to replace m_Mean by the
pixel value for the given input location iP. In your special case,
most likely you would only need to change m_Mean by m_MeanImage-
 >GetPixel( iP )

Please, let us know if it works.

Best,
Arnaud