[Insight-users] SIFT and patent

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Wed Oct 19 00:43:20 EDT 2011

Oh thanks.

I am currently not using SIFT but i was browsing on the wiki of itk because I was interested on new features of version 4 and then I saw that SIFT with the hint for patented. And therefore I thought I could make maybe some things clearer for anyone...

I am very interested on the new GPU functionalities of ITK... But I will only swap my project to version 4 if the beta phase is finished...

Does anyone know if ITK will use superbuild for installing external libraries like OpenCL etc.? It is a really nasty thing to install and build every external library separately (in my whole life I was never able to run ITK with FFTW, maybe I am too stupid)... I already know it from other projects (MITK) and I really like it, it makes the build process much comfortable. Maybe you also want to create an example HelloWorld git repository which loads and configures ITK over superbuild automatically (this could be done in MITK which is really cool), this HelloWorld could then be used as initial project template if anyone want to make its own ITK project.

Best regards