[Insight-users] Cut a 3D image into two halves

cagatay bilgin bilgincc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:30:47 EDT 2011

Dear ITK users,

I have a 3D image and a plane equation (not necessarily orthogonal to
the x,y,z axes) that will cut this image into two. I am curious if
such a filter exists in ITK. If not, what would be the best way to
implement one?  The first thing that comes to my mind is to produce a
binary image defining the positive and negative sides of the plane and
then to use the mask image filter to extract those regions. Is there
an easier way to solve this problem?  From what I've understood
itkResampleImageFilter is not exactly doing this.

Thank you,
Cagatay