[Insight-users] Problem with ITK 4.0 x64 in mex file

Kent Ogden ogdenk at upstate.edu
Thu Apr 5 14:27:19 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am wondering if someone might have a clue about a problem I'm having.  I've been using ITK 4.0 successfully in a Matlab mex function for doing non-rigid registration (using the demons algorithm).  This has all been 32 bit, using VS2008 and 32 bit Matlab on Win 7 (x64 Windows though).  In trying to convert over to 64 bit in the hopes of increased performance, I can:

-Successfully compile ITK for x64 (shared libraries)
-Successfully compile my mex function for x64

But, Matlab x64 no longer likes the result, telling me that it isn't a valid win32 application.  My mex function works fine until I add in the ITK code and link those libraries, so it seems clear that it's something that the ITK libraries are bringing along that Matlab doesn't like.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I think I will try compiling ITK to dll's to see if that makes a difference, but maybe someone has some idea about this?

Kent