[Insight-users] Confused on simpleITK

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Apr 9 15:21:28 EDT 2012

Hello Weilong,

What operating system are you using, and what version of SimpleITK are you using? You get get the version of SimpleITK from "print( SimpleITK.GetVersion() )".

The documentation you reference if from the nightly builds, so it contains all the latest features that are under development. The ConfidenceConnected image filter was just added in March so it is not it the 0.4 Beta release. If you would like these lated feature under development then you'll need to build from the master branch yourself [1].

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Build_It_Yourself

Brad.

On Apr 9, 2012, at 10:58 AM, Weilong Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a graduate student from ECE, Carnegie Mellon University. I am
> currently working medical image analysis with python SimpleITK. The
> problem is that I want to use the ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter() but it
> seems that the filter is not an attribute for the module. However, I found
> this filter originally in the simpleITK doxygen
> (http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/classitk_1_1simple_1_1ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.html).
> Doesn't that imply it should be included? I'm working with python2.7
> SimpleITK 0.4.0. Where could possibly go wrong?
>
> Can anybody offer me some advice?
>
> Thanks for your time and energy!
>
> Best Regards,
> Weilong Wang