[Insight-users] SimpleITK / jar wrapper?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Apr 19 09:44:08 EDT 2012

Hello,

There are examples in the MICCAI 2011 tutorial presentation:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/SimpleITK#SimpleITK_tutorial_at_MICCAI_2011

And there are those that are in the source code and in the Doxygen:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/SimpleITK#SimpleITK_tutorial_at_MICCAI_2011

Registration is still underdevelopment and it forthcoming. We have gone through a few prototypes and have settled on one but there is still a good bit of work to do.

Brad

On Apr 18, 2012, at 5:16 PM, aptea at mskcc.org wrote:

> Thanks Brad. It works like a charm!!
>
> I tested it by reading in a Dicom image and calculating statistics on it. I am specifically interested in image Registration and Segmentation. Are there any examples for those?
>
> Thanks,
> Aditya
>

> On 4/18/12 4:29 PM, "Bradley Lowekamp" <blowekamp at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It appears that the Wrapping read me is a bit out of date. It would be good if you could add this issue to the SimpleITK issue tracker:
>>
>> https://itk.icts.uiowa.edu/jira/browse/SIMPLEITK
>>
>> This visual guide is mostly current:
>>
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/A_visual_guide_to_SimpleITK_in_Java
>>
>> I believe the bit you need are:
>>
>> SimpleITK-build/Wrapping/simpleitk-0.5.0.jar
>> SimpleITK-build/Wrapping/simpleitk-javadoc-0.5.0.jar
>> SimpleITK-build/Wrapping/simpleitk-source-0.5.0.jar
>>
>> Then there is the needed java native shared library which currently is here:
>>
>> SimpleITK-build/lib/libSimpleITKJava.jnilib
>>
>> Which has moved since the release version from SimpleITK-build/Wrapping.
>>

>> On Apr 18, 2012, at 4:08 PM, aptea at mskcc.org wrote:
>>
>>> Re: [Insight-users] SimpleITK / jar wrapper?
>>> Hello Brad,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. I tried to build SimpleITK using the following procedure:
>>> git clone --recursive  http://itk.org/SimpleITK.git
>>> mkdir SimpleITK-build
>>> cd SimpleITK-build
>>>
>>> Then, I used “make” to build SimpleITK. It ran until 32% completion, and gave the following message:
>>>
>>> Linking CXX shared module ../lib/simpleitk.bundle
>>> ld: framework not found ruby
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[5]: *** [lib/simpleitk.bundle] Error 1
>>> make[4]: *** [Wrapping/CMakeFiles/simpleitk.dir/all] Error 2
>>> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
>>> make[2]: *** [SimpleITK-prefix/src/SimpleITK-stamp/SimpleITK-build] Error 2

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov