[Insight-users] ITK to VTK for 4D images

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Apr 23 11:00:26 EDT 2012

Hello,

What is the current issue you are having with your SimpleITK implementation?

Currently, I am aware what we don't have support to convert VectorImage to numpy arrays. But that is near the top of my todo list this week.

Also, I am interested in your input data? What do you mean by 4D? 3D + time? 3D+ multichannel? What is your input file format and what is the meta data that is report? If there is an issue with SimpleITK reading it, I'd like to see a sample file to see if support could easily be added.

Brad

On Apr 23, 2012, at 8:22 AM, Mathieu Stumpf wrote:

> Well, it provide a vtkImageData (I checked with a print), but using it
> instead of my previous solution using SimpleITK make my application
> crash, without any debugging information. The previous working solution
> being :
>
>        self.sitk_image = sitk.ReadImage(str(file_path) )
>        self.numpy_img = sitk.GetArrayFromImage( self.sitk_image )
>        n2vtk = vtkImageImportFromArray() # Converter
>        n2vtk.SetArray(self.numpy_img)
>        n2vtk.Update()
>        self.vtk_image = n2vtk.GetOutput()
>
> I welcome any suggestion