[Insight-users] About SimpleITK installation

Ing. Arturo Vargas Olivares ing.arturo.vargas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:35:19 EDT 2012

Hi list !!

I have installed EPD and SimpleITK in a Windows 7 environment (32 bits).

When I'm trying to import 'SimpleITK' from the IPython prompt a
'UnicodeDecodeError' appears (shown below). I'm not sure about the root
cause of this problem.

Does anybody know about a possible solution for this 'UnicodeDecodeError'
 ??

Regards!

Arturo V.

import SimpleITK as sitk
UnicodeDecodeError                        Traceback (most recent call last)
C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\IPython\core\interactiveshell.pyc in
run_code(self, code_obj)
   2547             self.CustomTB(etype,value,tb)
   2548         except:
-> 2549             self.showtraceback()
   2550         else:
   2551             outflag = 0

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\IPython\core\interactiveshell.pyc in
showtraceback(self, exc_tuple, filename, tb_offset, exception_only)
   1646                                                 value, tb,
tb_offset=tb_offset)
   1647
-> 1648                         self._showtraceback(etype, value, stb)
   1649                         if self.call_pdb:
   1650                             # drop into debugger

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\IPython\zmq\zmqshell.pyc in
_showtraceback(self, etype, evalue, stb)
    152             u'traceback' : stb,
    153             u'ename' : unicode(etype.__name__),
--> 154             u'evalue' : unicode(evalue)
    155         }
    156

*UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 43:
ordinal not in range(128)*