[Insight-users] Reading portion of the image without loading the whole image into the memory

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Aug 14 18:03:53 EDT 2012

Hi Yan,

Streaming will only occur if the filter is streamable and it has been
implemented as a streamable filter.  Unfortunately the NrrdImageIO is
not implemented as a streaming reader at this time, so it will always
load the entire image to memory.  For more information, see the
CanStreamRead method on itk::ImageIOBase.

HTH,
Matt