[Insight-users] Mask partial registration

Federico Milano fmilano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 07:51:17 EDT 2012

Hi. I would like to partially register two binary masks. By "partially
register" I mean that one of the masks is a subset of the other. These
masks are produced by a segmentation procedure, applied to two different
acquisitions: the first of them is the acquisition of the whole anatomy,
and the second one is the acquisition of a subset of the original anatomy,
produced after a surgical resection.

I have been looking for partial matching/registration algorithms applied to
medical images with no luck. I have found some really interesting work in
partial matching in the field of 3D surface retrieval (Tangelder, J. W.
H., & Veltkamp, R. C. (2007). A survey of content based 3D shape retrieval
methods. *Multimedia Tools and Applications*, *39*(3), 441-471.
doi:10.1007/s11042-007-0181-0), but I wanted to know if there is something
specially targeted to medical imaging.

I would really appreciate any hint.

Thanks in advance,

Federico