[Insight-users] Desperation: performing itkfilters on a subset (e.g. slice) on a 3D Image

A D callidus.713 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 10:25:49 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone!

Thus my former post didn't get any attention, I try a new one with preciser
information. I would like to build up a small program, where a user could
perform a filter (e.g. Threshold) on a slice (=2D image) from a 3D image.
Now, I don't know how to solve this with ITK. I have used
ExtractImageFilter to get a slice perform a filter and write it back into
the volume with PasteImageFilterType but that doesn't work out.
http://old.nabble.com/Can%27t-paste-Slice-back-into-3D-Volume-td34324209.html
Then I tried Iterators, however with these I have to write my own filters,
because I could manipulate on each pixels not on a hole 2D Image out of a
3D volume.

If there exist an elegant way of doing this kind of task, please let me
know as soon as possible.

Yours Thankfully,
AD