[Insight-users] fatal error C1083

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:25:16 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:32 AM, jay chen <jaychen1116 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear experts:
>
>          I am learning to use registration in ITK
> ((InsightToolkit-4.1.0) and got the following error message:
>
> D:\home_ITK_VTK_Cmake\src\ImageRegistration2\ImageRegistration2.cxx(1):
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'itkImageRegistrationMethod.h': No such file or directory
>
>        I found the file but which directory I should copy this file
> to?  Thanks for help.
>
>                                  Best Regards
>                                  Jay Chen

It sounds like you have not setup your include path correctly. You
certainly should not need to copy any files anywhere.

Please read this page about how to build projects with ITK:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Instructions/ForUsers

Every example on the wiki has an associated CMakeLists.txt file (they are
all nearly identical) - you should start by trying to compile an example,
say this one:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/SimpleOperations/WidthHeight

David