[Insight-users] PNGwriter writes wrong scaling information

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 08:35:38 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that ImageFileWriter, when writing png format, writes wrong
pixel size information. It is not completely wrong, but it is not in
accordance with png
specification<http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/book/chapter11.html#png.ch11.div.8>
.

When reading such files with OpenCV, I get following warning:
*libpng warning: Invalid sCAL ignored: invalid unit*
This is not just annoying and clutter-causing, but displaying it for every
single image slows down my OpenCV processing.

I used XnView to batch-edit the extracted slices and set some scaling which
adheres to the specification to get rid of this warning.

Now the question: should I correct this bug, or submit a bug report? My
last bug-fixing <http://review.source.kitware.com/8809> ended
non-gloriously :(