[Insight-users] warper filter too slow

Peymon Gazi peymon.gazi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 11:49:27 EST 2012

Hi Bao,
I basically used the example provided in the itk package for GPU Demons: itkGPUDemonsRegistrationFilterTest.cxx
Here are some important parts of my code:

const    unsigned int    Dimension = 3;
typedef  float           PixelType;
typedef float                                      InternalPixelType;

typedef itk::Vector< float, Dimension >             VectorPixelType;
typedef itk::GPUImage<  VectorPixelType, Dimension >   DeformationFieldType;
typedef itk::GPUDemonsRegistrationFilter< InternalImageType, InternalImageType, DeformationFieldType> RegistrationFilterType;
RegistrationFilterType::Pointer filter = RegistrationFilterType::New();

typedef itk::WarpImageFilter<  MovingImageType,  MovingImageType,  DeformationFieldType  >     WarperType;
typedef itk::LinearInterpolateImageFunction<  MovingImageType,  double          >  InterpolatorType;
WarperType::Pointer warper = WarperType::New();
InterpolatorType::Pointer interpolator = InterpolatorType::New();

warper->SetInput( movingImage );

warper->SetInterpolator( interpolator );
warper->SetOutputSpacing( fixedImage->GetSpacing() );
warper->SetOutputOrigin( fixedImage->GetOrigin() );
warper->SetOutputDirection( fixedImage->GetDirection() );
warper->SetOutputSize(fixedImage->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize());
warper->SetEdgePaddingValue(0);
warper->SetDisplacementField( filter->GetOutput() );
warper->Update();

fixedImage and movingImage are both matrices with the size of 64x64x64 (float).

Peymon