[Insight-users] Fast marching filter and image spacing

smrolfe at u.washington.edu smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Fri Dec 14 18:26:49 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm using the fast marching filter in my implementation of geodesic active contours.  This was working well, but I realized that the output image spacing was reset from 0.04 to the default value of 1.  I was able to correct the spacing by using:

fastMarching->SetOutputSpacing(imageIn->GetSpacing() )

However, now that the image size has been corrected the output looks incorrect, like a highly eroded version of the original.  This problem shows up at the output of the fast marching filter.  I'm wondering if someone can give me some insight into which properties of the fast marching filter are affected by this  change in image spacing.

Thanks,
Sara