[Insight-users] image registration help

Anton Delehony anton.delehony at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 13:52:38 EST 2012

Hi,

I hope that you all had a great Christmas.

I’m interested in using ITK in my image registration problem and I was
hoping I can get some suggestions as to which algorithm would be the most
appropriate for my application.

In my application I’ll be imaging fiducial markers. The number of markers
is about 6 or 7. A simplified 2D image is shown below. In my application,
it will be a 3D image volume.

                                                  [image: Inline image 1]

The moving (source) image is as shown here:

[image: Inline image 2]

I would like the results of the registration to be as shown here:

[image: Inline image 3]

Of course the final image shouldn't have the fiducial markers, but I can
remove it after.  The object in the image that I would like to register is
a solid but it bends. Thank you very much and I look forward to
your suggestions.

Best regards,

AD