[Insight-users] 3 pairs of points in 3D Iterative Closest Point registrations

lisadean.leo lisadean.leo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 04:51:41 EST 2012

Hi Frank,

Frank Miller wrote

> As for the issue you are having with the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer,
> you are trying to minimize the distance between the three point pairs
> which is only three pieces of information. You need six to pieces of
> information to describe a 3D rigid transform.

What happens if there are more than 6 pairs of points? What if I have 2
images that have been converted to pointsets? Couldn't I input the whole set
of points from the 2 images(fixed and moving).

Also when I try to run the IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx given in the examples
after building it successfully my program crashes. What could be the reason
since I do not get any error messages?

Thanks
Lisa