[Insight-users] ITK V4.0.0 with Python Wrapping

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Feb 10 03:47:42 EST 2012

Le 10 févr. 12 à 08:57, Mathieu Stumpf a écrit :

>>> You shouldn't have all those paths. I'm even quite sure they are not
>>> correct, like
>>>
>>>   /usr/local/lib/cmake/ITK-4.1/WrapITK/WrapITK/lib
>>>
>>> Note the double WrapITK, and the absence of any lib in /usr/local/
>>> lib/
>>> cmake/ITK-4.1/
>>
>> Right, but I have no idea which paths I should provide. If I knew the
>> lib's name the wrapper need, I could make a `whereis`/`find`. Do you
>> know this information ?
>>

> Anyone to help me on this ? If the problem is just the path it would
> be
> great provided that someone would be able to tell me which path give
> my env variables.
>
> Joined with this mail is a complete list of files that my ITK builds
> (stable&git) installed.
>
> I hope it provide enough information, so someone can give me the
> correct
> path, and — hopefully – I can go ahead and code.

Hi Mathieu,

Using the following two commands should be enough:

   export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.1/Python
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

then

   python -c "import itk; itk.force_load()"

should exist without error (maybe still the warning about
PySwigIterator, but nothing much.

Please let us know how it works.

Regards,

Gaëtan