[Insight-users] [resolved] Showing an image using itk.show2D

Mathieu Stumpf mathieu.stumpf at etu.unistra.fr
Fri Feb 10 08:52:13 EST 2012

Hello,

Following the FARSIGHT tutorial[1] and I tried to display an image as said, I got the following error:
        itk.show2D( image1 )
        sh: imagej: not found
        <itkExtras.show2D instance at 0x2abdc20>

As the wiki said it uses imview, I installed it (debian package), and I
downloaded[2] in /usr/local/lib/ITK-4.1/Python/ (which is in my
PYTHONPATH).

So `import imview` worked, but I still had the same error message.

Well as you may have guessed, the problem was that the `imagej` program
wasn't installed, so imview was (probably) not required after all.

I hope you appreciate this kind of feedback. My apologies if this kind
of message is considered as noise on this ml.

Kind regards,
Mathieu

[1] http://farsight-toolkit.org/wiki/FARSIGHT_Tutorials/Quick_Start#Showing_an_image
[2] http://mima2.jouy.inra.fr/git/contrib-itk/Imview/Wrapping/Python/itkExtras/imview.py