[Insight-users] simpleitk , ipython and imageJ

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Feb 13 10:47:22 EST 2012

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Looking at the source code shows what is going on:

http://itk.org/gitweb?p=SimpleITK.git;a=blob;f=Code/IO/src/sitkShow.cxx;h=b3d9f9b4e03d955470b22f5e8638405430bc6fef;hb=HEAD

It appears that for windows the 64-bit program files directory is not searched. This code is due for a major over-haul to improve robustness and flexibility.

As for your linux issue, I need a little more information.

What version of linux?

Where is you imageJ installed, and what is the path to the executable?

Is the imageJ program in your path?

Brad

On Feb 12, 2012, at 9:34 PM, Nadim Farhat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have installed, simpleITK on my machine and i am running it via ipython,
> now simpleITK seems to run nicely am not having any problem so far however when i try and issue the command.
> import SimpleITK as simple
> # executes nicely
> sampleImage = simple.ReadImage("something.jpg")
>
> # doesn't execute.
> sitk.Show( sampleImage )
>
> #it gives me the following
>
> The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
> my
> %env shows the path to ImageJ
> c:\\ImageJ\\;',
>
> i am running a 64 bit windows, imagej 64 bit, python 64 bit and all associated stuff are 64 bit .
>
> ps same problem on another machine running linux
>
> SimpleITK.Show( ) is not finding imagej
> even if i added to path
>
> Thank your for your help.

Bradley Lowekamp