[Insight-users] Display JPEG image

Massinissa Bandou Massinissa.Bandou at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Feb 14 13:26:56 EST 2012

Hi

I want to display a JPEG Image (413KB). I got no errors or warnings to
build the project but nothing happens when I launch the executable I
got only an empty Ms-dos window.

Do I need to specify the output as a JPEG image?
I know ITK is a good toolkit for image processing but do I need VTK
for any display or visualization even for a simple image???

//==============================================
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileWriter.h"
#include "iostream"
#include "string"
#include "sstream"
using namespace std;

int main( int, char * argv[])
  {
   typedef float           PixelType;
   const unsigned int             Dimension = 2;

   typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >   ImageType;
   typedef itk::ImageFileReader< ImageType >  ReaderType;

   const char * filename = argv[1];
   reader->SetFileName("Top-SideView_Reduced.jpg");
   try
   {
	  reader->Update();
   }
   catch (itk::ExceptionObject & e)
   {
	  std::cerr<<e.GetDescription()<<std::endl;
   }

   ImageType::Pointer image = reader->GetOutput();

   string input;
   getline(cin, input);

  return 0;
  }