[Insight-users] hanging build with "BUILD_TESTING" enabled

Lee Periolat periolat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:17:05 EST 2012

Hello all,

I have been able to build ITK when I have ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES and
BUILD_EXAMPLES enabled.
However, when I enable BUILD_TESTING, my build appears to hang.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 10, 32-bit, on Windows 7 64-bit
Professional.

The build "hangs" almost immediately, with the following messages on the
screen:

1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Release Win32
------
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: RUN_TESTS, Configuration: Release Win32
------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
1>Build started 2/15/2012 3:25:25 PM.

The longest I have let it run so far is 55 minutes.  I am letting it run
longer right now to try to establish that it won't ever finish.  There is a
moving icon in the bottom toolbar, and the processor is being used; other
than that, there is no evidence of progress.

Thank you,
Lee