[Insight-users] Fwd: How to Truncate Dicom Series?

Abayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 29 10:07:32 EST 2012

Hello,

Actually I found that I can handle this problem by using itkRegionOfInterestImageFiler, it works quite well, except it started to truncate the image from the opposite of the desired direction. Then I tried to set its index, but it gave me this error:

Requested region is (at least partially) outside the largest possible region

I've already used "UpdateLargestPossibleRegion()" method, here is the partial code:

reader->SetFileName(argv[1]);
  reader->Update();
  reader->UpdateLargestPossibleRegion();

  ImageType::RegionType desiredRegion;
  desiredRegion.SetSize(size);
  desiredRegion.SetIndex(start);

  filter->SetRegionOfInterest(desiredRegion);
  filter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());

  WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
  writer->SetFileName ( argv[2] );
  writer->SetInput ( filter->GetOutput() );
  writer->Update();

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.