[Insight-users] DICOM viewer using itk and vtk

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 14:49:06 EST 2012

> No John, i just would like to see the dicom image it was what I thought the
> easiest to do (creating the jpeg image). Which way can be simpler?

I load dicom files directly from the vtk and itk software I write
using the builtin classes.. Creating a dicom viewer can be a lot of
work (depending on the needed features). If all you need to do is view
dicom images there are a lot of free options available. I use VolView,
Slicer, and MicroDicom along with the programs I have written.
--
John M. Drescher