[Insight-users] DICOM WINDOW CENTER AND WIDTH

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Mon Jan 2 13:13:15 EST 2012

Roberto,

I believe 0028|1050 and 0028|1051 are display only parameters and only
impact how bright a given pixel value appears.  I do not believe that they
actually specify modifications to the pixel values.  They are not binding
on the viewer and almost any software for viewing DICOM images will allow
you to interactively change the actual display settings used, but again,
that does not translate into an actual change in the pixel value, only how
bright a given value appears.

- Wes

Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.