[Insight-users] Please help on building ITK 4.0 source on Visual Studio 2010 x64

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:51:22 EST 2012

Hi Octavian,

Regarding the mailing list: to send emails you must be a member of the
mailing list, see instructions here:
    http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/mailing.html

Regarding VS10 x64 issue: in fact, I too experienced the same
"hanging". I assumed this was an issue with my machine, but perhaps
not. I simply cancelled the build, and started it again (without
closing Visual Studio). I notice VS10 struggles with the 800+ projects
when examples/testing is turned on, so I recommend turning these off
(see my previous email). As an alternative, you may consider using
NMake (remember to run CMake from the Visual Studio 2010 Win64 Command
Prompt, or set the required environment variables by hand).

HTH

Cheers, Dan