[Insight-users] Bug in itkMultiThreaderPThreads.cxx

Fleysher, Lazar lazar.fleysher at mountsinai.org
Tue Jan 3 13:38:57 EST 2012

Hello Everybody

I do not know the proper mechanism to report bugs, so I am writing here..

It looks to me as if there is a bug in itkMultiThreaderPThreads.cxx

It looks like error code is not checked when pthread_create() is called.

This caused a lot of headache for me recently
(see this http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2011-December/043296.html).

The needed threads where not created, but since the error code was not checked,
the pthread_join() failed.

It would be nice if someone more experienced with the  itk library looked at it and corrected the problem.

Why the threads could not be created is another story ....

Thank you very much for your help

Lazar