[Insight-users] Issue building ITK-4 with Module_ItkVtkGlue ON

Félix C. Morency felix.morency at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:33:29 EST 2012

Hi Matt,

I managed to build the ITKVtkGlue Python wrapper successfully hacking
VtkGlue based on the ExternalProjects/VtkItkGlue in the source tree.
The problem I now face is that the GetOutput() method of the
ImageToVTKImageFilter class returns a pointer to vtkImageData. When I
call the method from Python, the resulting object is

 <Swig Object of type 'vtkImageData *' at 0x7fbdc8043e10>

SetInput() methods from VTK require a vtkImageData as its parameter,
not a swig object pointing to a vtkImageData. I guess I am missing
some proxy class and/or type declaration somewhere. Since I know
nothing about SWIG bindings and that I'm fairly new to the ITK
architecture, could you please point me in the right direction on
completing the ItkVtkGlue Python bindings for ITK-4? Is it the right
approach?

Thank you,
-Félix